Monday, April 20, 2009

25 Random Things about Me


25 random things about me.

I love being a wife and mom.
I graduated from BYU with a degree in Family Living (formerly Child Development/Family Relations).
I have a deep and abiding faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ, and in His restored gospel.
I love to read, do crafts, scuba dive, play the piano, have date-night with Jeff, play games with my kids, travel to tropical destinations, and sleep in (it’s really pathetic when 7:30am is sleeping in!!!).
I was born in Tennesse and have also lived in Utah, Nevada, California, and Colorado.
My hair used to be naturally brown; now it’s “brown in a bottle.”
Jeff and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in February.
I have 3 daughters and 2 sons, another son (we don’t count our childrens’ spouses as in-laws…they are ours!!), and an ADORABLE granddaughter.
I am NOT a dog person….it’s cats or nothing!!!
I help in Lyndsi’s second-grade class once/week with reading.
I own my own internet business, www.Luv2Dive.net
I work for Jeff doing the insurance. I’m very blessed that, with the exception of about 2 hrs/week, I can do it from home!! I’m also excited that I am currently training someone else to take it over!!!
I have a hard time coming up with 25 things to write about me!!
For those of you who are not LDS, here is some “lingo” that will help you understand the next statement: “Primary” is the program for the children of our ward ages 18 mon – 11 yrs old. A “ward” is a congregation. We meet in our congregations by where we live. A “stake” is a group of 7-11 wards, somewhat like you might consider a “district” in other religions. That being said, for the last two years I have been serving as the Primary President in our ward. Recently I have been asked to serve as the President of the Stake Primary, so we are responsible to make sure the ward presidencies are trained well and to see that all is running smoothly.
I love music; I sing, play the piano, the flute, and would love to learn the cello or violin.
You know the song by the Beach Boys, Kokomo? Well, I’ve been to a lot of the islands in that song!
Jeff teases me because if I get too hot at night I stick one foot out from under the blanket, even if it’s really cold, to cool me down.
I LOVE chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really like Italian food; I really don’t care for sushi. Did I mention that I love chocolate???
My sister says I am obsessive/compulsive. I can’t believe it took her so long to figure that out!!!
I definitely have a “type A personality” streak. I am not a “patient” patient. I had surgery in February and was driving everyone crazy because I was not doing well at staying down like I was supposed to be!!!
I can be quite perfectionistic, but have learned to tone it down a bit.
I really enjoy getting to know people who are “different.” They usually have some really interesting insights, and wow, would this world be boring if we were all normal!!!
I used to love to ski, but now I live in sunny St George, where it’s warm most of the winter and HOT most of the summer. I now REALLY hate to be cold!!! I don’t even go walk outside if it’s under 45’ – I hit the treadmill!!!
I have been asked to teach a class at the college one night per semester in the business department…I am really excited about that!! It is a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Becca said...

#26. She's an amazing mom and a wonderful example of what a woman should be!